Senior Care Careers
“Thank you for your help in caring for my mum. After going through a few agencies and not having much luck we came upon the name of Living Assistance Services by chance.
I know that mum was a difficult client. Your staff worked hard to place her with PSWs who had the right temperament to work with her. The PSWs that stood out to us were Janet, who we had for one night while mum was in hospital. Her care and professionalism towards mum was superb. Others that did a fantastic job over the year were Rowena, Maricar, Irish, Rupinder, Prabijhot and Zahra. Rowena was always so sweet. Each of them went out of their way to show compassion to a difficult client and along the way created a routine of care that made mum feel comfortable.
Whenever I called the office, which was often, the staff were pleasant and helpful. Pedro, Fritzie and Saiqa were very easy to work with. Pedro and Fritzie were always available to sort things out.”
Living Assistance Services is interested in hearing from qualified, reliable professionals who are experienced in the health-care sector. If you are motivated, enthusiastic and enjoy working with seniors, we would love to hear from you. Learn about senior care careers at Living Assistance Services.
Living Assistance Services
- 2 years Canadian experience working in homecare or with the elderly population
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and initiative
- Works effectively independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrates flexibility, sound judgment and cultural sensitivity in evaluating and responding to client needs
- Able to motivate and promote care recipient participation in social, recreational and educational activities.
- Able to communicate in English (spoken and written)
What To Bring With You:
You must bring the following documents with you:
- Updated RESUME
- 2 work/employer references. Kindly note that we cannot accept friends/co-workers as employer references.
- PSW certificate – original (if you have one)
- First Aid/CPR – original (if you have one)
- SIN (Social Insurance) card – original card must be presented, photocopies will not be accepted.
- If card starts with a number 9 you must also bring an original valid work permit.
- Driver’s License – original (if you have one)
- Police clearance certificate (if you have one) – original
- WHMIS certificate (if you have one) – original
- Any other healthcare related certificates such as Alzheimer Workshop etc. – (if you have any).
Open House for Caregiver Applicants
10:00am – 3:00pm
3335 Yonge Street, Suite 206
Toronto, ON, M4N 2M1
2 stop lights north of Lawrence Ave., at the south east corner of Yonge Street and Snowdon Ave.
If you cannot make it on a Wednesday, call our office during regular business hours to schedule an interview.