November 12, 2020 10:09:48 AM
Caring Matters Blog Blog >
Care on the Move
August 14, 2020 by Living Assistance Services - Senior Home Care
How a caregiver can arrange mobile services so seniors can stay in
In-home care services have been a godsend for seniors isolating due to the pandemic. Caregivers don’t just provide help with a seniors need in the home, though. Caregivers are also able to assist with many tasks that come from outside the home, too.
Caregivers can arrange mobile services so that seniors can continue to get all the help they need even while maintaining their physical distance to protect from Covid-19.
Here are some examples of just a few of these services that a caregiver can arrange for you or your elderly loved so life can go on as you continue to hunker down in the comfort and safety of home:
- Transportation – Taking public transportation, be it the bus, a taxi, or car service isn’t ideal for seniors while Covid-19 is still in the community. A caregiver can provide transportation services to get you to and from appointments safely so that you can continue to maintain proper physical distancing.
- Medical appointments – Times have certainly changed since the pandemic began, especially when it comes to healthcare. From doctor appointments to hearing aid consultations, more and more healthcare services are being handled virtually. A caregiver can help seniors arrange and navigate virtual medical appointments, including phone and video appointments. And, for in-person appointments, a caregiver can get you there and back safely, ensuring the necessary protective measures are taken along the way.
- Pet services – Pets are such an important part of our lives and make such wonderful companions for seniors. Caregivers are able to book vet and grooming appointments so that Fluffy and Fido can remain healthy and happy, too. This can include arranging mobile grooming and vet services that come to you, or taking your beloved pet to an appointment.
- Haircuts – Don’t underestimate the power of a good hair day! There is evidence that regular hair care appointments have a positive effect on the way older adults feel. Personal care, including regular haircuts and styling, play a role in helping older adults uphold dignity and maintain a sense of self.
To learn more about how our caregivers can help you stay on top of your outside responsibilities while staying safe inside, contact us anytime at 1.855.483.CARE (2273).
- Ward R, Campbell S, Keady J. ‘Once I had money in my pocket, I was every colour under the sun’: Using ‘appearance biographies’ to explore the meanings of appearance for people with dementia. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaging.2014.03.006