This is what some of our clients have to say...
- “We were very grateful for the years of service received through your agency, and the caregiving provided by your caregivers both in her own home and later at the Bradgate Arms Retirement Residence was exceptional. Nieves and Elsa provided outstanding care at all times to our beloved mother, mother-in-law and grandmother. Treating her at all times with kindness, dignity, support, companionship, friendship and compassion … We are thankful for all of your assistance and highly recommend your agency and these two wonderful caregivers.”
Peter & Elsa Southam
- “I found your services most helpful. Caregiver, Helen Tacla, was with me for a week and was most caring. Much appreciated.”
- “I would definitely ask for each of these 3 caregivers again. They are skillful, responsible and very, very helpful.”
- “Therese had a very difficult environment as my mother was convinced she did not want or need help before she even met Therese. Therese was patient, empathetic, caring and she was very responsible and conscientious…I am also very impressed with the services of the office. They got back to me right away, and are very responsive to my needs.”
- “Throughout our difficult year Lea Livelo has given us wonderful professional help in her warm and friendly way.”
- “Overall, we were very satisfied with your services. Should any assistance be needed in the future, Living Assistance Services will be our first choice. Thank you for all your help!”
- “Excellent attentive care was provided by the caregiver to my mother. I would not hesitate to recommend your services.”
- "At the beginning, it was fairly easy but as the dementia became more pronounced in the last 4 years, it became increasingly a challenge and an enormous worry. Then after her stroke, Living Assistance became her "it" girl and I cannot tell you the sense of relief you and Lea and Jessica, provided to me for the last year and a half. Please let me know if I can provide a reference or talk to family members about my experience with Living Assistance. Sometimes, in the early period of need, a family sees your service as temporary, to get over a crisis. But at a certain age it is a gradual but downward trajectory in health and the need increases more quickly than our recognition allows. Sometimes, we don't know we need so much help until it is there and then one wonders how someone managed without it. A number of people who work at Bridgepoint mentioned that the essence or spirit of Mrs. ABC was very much evident. This was because of the sensitivity and understanding of Lea and Jessica that her needs were of a grooming nature first and foremost. Being clean and sparkly, hair up, lipstick on, clean clothes, starting the day fresh. Then off they would go to daily activities around the hospital. The doctor on palliative agreed with me that Lea and Jessica kept Mrs. ABC alive much longer than if she had not had that TLC. David, you're doing a great job."
- “We would like to thank Rafia and Donna for all their help over the last year. Organization and service from LAS was flawless. The home care provided by Donna was fantastic, we felt lucky to have someone with her experience and character to take care of our mother."
- “Susan was a fantastic help in caring for my mother. She was knowledgeable, responsive and compassionate. Her generally positive outlook on life was greatly appreciated by my mother and my mother's live-in help. Any of your clients will be lucky to have Susan on their case."
- “Susan - Thank you so much for your support and wonderful care of Dad over these past years. Your steady guidance and advice when we needed it have been so much appreciated and you made Dad's life more enjoyable with your excursions, treats and lively visits. We are very grateful for everything you've done."
- “From the initial meeting, Susan Sainsbury exhibited such an amazing professional and assuring presence that I knew we had chosen the right agency. She was truly incredible in all of her dealings with every member of our family throughout this very stressful ordeal. Right down to her constant communications with mum's doctor's office and organizing her pills each week, Susan showed an incredible attention to her patient's details and care. Susan is truly the face and person for LAS. The constant caregivers were excellent and were able to bond with Mum. Sophie, Kausar, Megan were wonderful. Some consistent weekend care (Virginia was excellent and lovely) was helpful for my mother on the lonely weekends. Overall, our family was extremely pleased with the extent and quality of care over the 14+ months for my mother as she declined. The agency reacted well to the changes in the patient and was very attentive. Excellent back-up coverage. Thank you so much for making the final months of my mother's life as enjoyable as possible."
Alexandra Burgess Norris
- “Ludy was a big help. Please thank her again."
M.E.W. / B.W.
- "The Living Assistance support staff have been very special in the minds of my parents over the past few months. Three names immediately come to mind: Cheril, Eugenia and Jackie. They are to be commended for their devotion, care and professionalism."
- “I can't thank you enough. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I have someone that my mom likes (and vice versa) to help carry the load. It really has been the best Christmas present. A real addition to our family...and I enjoy the professionalism of your office and dealing with you too Rafia. Thank you for everything."
- “Dear David...Many thanks for your choices of Jessica and Shinette. It made everyone's life so much easier...to have such great gals...your personal attention was much appreciated."
- “David, Mailyn was super! I’d love to have a repeat performance. Will be in touch. Thanks so much."
- “Raana was a great help getting me on my feet again. Tessie was a such a happy, cheerful person. Both she and Raana were a great pair - helpful and I couldn't have asked for nicer ladies. They both fitted in and it was a pleasure having them in my house."
W. M. Wilson
- “It was a pleasure to work with Raana over the past two years (and more recently Teodola). Raana clearly understood the dementia issues my in-laws were dealing with. She was kind and thoughtful and clearly worked hard to develop a rapport with my in-laws. I relied on her and was confident that she would take good care of them."
- “David…thank you for your services. I found Arlene, Khadija and Raana to be excellent care(caring)givers. I have referred Living Assistance Services to a fellow patient.”
- “Rafia and David…I am so glad that Bell was with Rita over this past month…It was comforting for Rita (and for me) to have someone spend time with her each day. Thank you and to Bell for your assistance during this difficult time.”
- “Many thanks for sending Didi to take care of my son at Sunnybrook. She was terrific and certainly helped us through a difficult time.”
- "...I want to thank you, David, for all your council and understanding with my mother. It is a hard task to deal with the progression of anyone suffering with Alzheimer's and I thank you for your help. In some situations, I didn't have the faintest idea how to proceed and when I though I had an idea, it was so helpful to be able to ask for your advice. Thank you for carefully tailoring my mother's needs as her situation progressed. It takes someone who is listening to modify schedules when life takes a turn down a different road. Each person that you provided for my mother had the skills to care for her in the progressing condition, finally culminating in your greatest gift, Hilda Pena...We would both hope that should we ever find ourselves in the hospital, that Hilda would be on that shift. She would make anyone feel special and not afraid..."
R & B Baxter Smith
- "Raana continues to be a blessing in our home - angel indeed! As I said on the phone recently, sometimes, her amazing intuition reminds me of 'Radar' on 'M.A.S.H' (TV sitcom). Her talents are beyond the boundaries of my comprehension!"
- "I can't remember if it was the CCAC or the Social Worker at TEGH who gave me the name of a few organizations to contact regarding personal care... However, Living Assistance was the best response...I was appreciative of the care and attention Bell was able to provide and the flexibility of both Bell and the administrative staff..."
- “I must say that Norma, Bell and Genn were absolutely magnificent…these are very special women.”
- "... I am very happy with my caregiver. Jessica is a delight and so very helpful.'
- “Thank you for everything, really. Please pass on to Gemma how much we all loved how well she cared for my for us. She was fabulous..."
- “Again thank you for everything. We have been so happy that idea back in August 2008 was such a very good fit from both a practical and a personal perspective. Please thank David Porter...Irene, Cristina, Mailyn and Erma were all exceptional. Living Assistance, you and your team, did Mum proud. Such a very hard thing to do to care for someone who doesn't really want to live, for two years. But their care made it bearable, and they continued to joke, to coax, to soothe, to explain, to care and ultimately to love Mum. What a gift. Thank you all."
- “Thanks for sending me 'one of your best'. I hope to see Eugenia again."
- "David, I want to thank you and all your staff, Susan, Rafia and Elvira for their kindness, both to me and to Hugh Bonney. Collectively you made such a difference in arranging Hugh's care and I would like to take this opportunity t thank you all... Please pass along our deepest gratitude to all the caregivers who treated Hugh with such kindness and consideration. I will never forget their service."
- “Susan thanks so much. The team has been outstanding. I would be happy to be a reference.”
- "Thank you for allowing me the privilege of having Jessica's company these past few years. She has been in every way a truly wonderful companion. Her caring, intelligence and industry have been much appreciated."
- "Mom is over the moon about Rosemary. She absolutely loves having her around. I'm so pleased. Thank you and we'll keep in touch."
- “Hilda was definitely a caregiver who was above average in her skills, attitude and emotional giving. There was no job she wouldn’t do for our mother and her ongoing training allowed her to be trusted and respected by the staff at Houses of Providence. She calmly reacted to any situation and reported to us accurately the daily situation. As well as personal care, Hilda also knew about mental and emotional care. A walk outside; smell the flowers, interacting with others, as well as one on one chats. I would very highly recommend Hilda as a caregiver and feel that anyone who has her to look after a family member or friend would indeed be fortunate as we were. Thank you. I would also like to thank Rafia, for her compassion and assistance.”
- “We had a wonderful worker, Rafia, who immediately set up our caregiver Morgan. What a fantastic fit. Morgan was reliable, compassionate, fun, intuitive and creative. My mother was very fond of Morgan and had a lot of fun, and great companionship. Thank you so much for Morgan.“
- “I had no complaints. All the people you sent in were great. Thank you very much.”
- “My mother was not an easy ‘client’ and Josie did extraordinarily well in difficult circumstances.”
- “Your caregivers have been a great help to this 94 year old lady. Thanks again”.
- “Overall, I found a high level of professionalism and a lot of warmth. Will recommend to others.”
- “David, I wanted to pass on to you my compliments of the staff from Living Assistance that I have dealt with in the past few months. Elvira Flores has been extremely helpful in putting together a schedule for my mother and in coordinating the caregivers. She is always supportive and pleasant and she follows up on matters in an expeditious manner… we have had regularly Faith Quidella and Jacqueline Leslie. Faith has worked very well with mom and is very professional in her dealings. We have had Jacqueline more frequently and I have been extremely impressed with her. She is professional, kind, attentive, supportive and smart. She reports thoroughly to the next caregiver both in written format and orally. I am pleasantly surprised at how well my mother is getting on with Faith and Jacqueline. Indeed, it is a relief. We take things week by week as we deal with mom’s health, but Living Assistance’s support is appreciated. (And the fact that I can speak with someone in the office during the weekend!)”
- “We were entirely pleased with the service and care received and were grateful.”
- “Marilyn was an excellent caregiver. She took the initiative in doing what needed to be done without having to be directed. She was always positive, energetic and punctual. I would rate her highly on personal care (showers) for my husband, on housecleaning, cooking and a very safe driver. I have recommended your agency to many friends as we were very well cared for.”
- “The carers provided by Living Assistance were exceptionally kind and committed to her care. This was not always easy, but they continued to be supportive, encouraging, understanding and positive. Our family has recommended Living Assistance to other family friends who have also found the care offered excellent.”
- “ At a time when my father was seriously ill and returning from hospital to his home, Susan Sainsbury and her administrative support team met the care needs of my parents to the fullest. I would enthusiastically recommend the services of “Living Assistance” to any family in a similar situation. We found them to be not only professional but caring.”
- "It was a pleasure having such a great team working for my mom. Thanks again to Emily, Gemma and Carol."
- “ We were extremely pleased with both Nelba and Joy. They were polite and caring and made good use of their four hours a day with us. Nelba was excellent...We would highly recommend both girls as we would Living Assistance Services. Thank you for your assistance."
- “Norhaya was the best thing that happened to my family. She lovingly took care of my mother when she was dying and my father looks at her as one of his children. My dog adored her. She’s dearly missed by my whole family. I would definitely use your agency in the future and will refer you to anyone who asks."
- “All 4 girls worked well but Andrea was exceptional both in personality, nursing skills and caring beyond expectation."
Mr. & Mrs. Evans
- “I would highly recommend your service. Please feel free to provide my phone number to future clients. Thank you for making Mom & Dad’s life so much easier. We are very grateful."
- “Both Arlene and Medina (weekends) were not only exceptionally skilled in taking care of my husband Bob who has MS, they were kind, fun and great cooks. Bob said both caregivers were wonderful. He was very relaxed and enjoyed their company.
I spent the first day with Arlene; I knew I had no worry while I was away – such a professional. Both these ladies and your wonderful agency, allowed me to have a relaxed holiday knowing Bob, my cats and the house were so well looked after. Thank you sincerely."
Judy Midgley & Bob
- “Your caregiver was only here 1 day but was an exceptionally nice man."
- “Very likeable and easy to be with. Very willing."
- “…Thank you for all your help. You’re making such a big difference in everybody’s lives. God bless you and your family. Keep up the good work."
- “Thank you…I was very impressed with the timeliness within which you, and your organization, responded to my requests …of course, I will gladly recommend you to others should the occasion arise.”
- “David, … thank you so much for your help and concerns. I appreciate everything you did for me, beyond words.”
- “David, thank you. You gave me hope and help when I didn’t have the ability to think clearly. Your thoughtfulness and consideration would never be forgotten. Thank you… I appreciate your being you.”
- "Joy was superb! Very observant, smart, caring person. Always working beyond the call of duty and was great at anticipating our needs. She was always a step ahead. Her heart is truly in the job! I couldn’t have asked for anyone better! She gets my highest recommendation. Thank you."
- "Fi was a very caring and nice person to have around who became a friend."
- "I was very pleased with the care I received. They were all very friendly, willing to help me with any requests."
Mrs. E. McClelland
- "We found Judy to be completely satisfactory for our needs. She went out of her way to be helpful and cheerful...We would certainly call upon you again if we need your service."
- "We were extremely pleased with the quality of care provided. This is a hard job and the caregivers were always cheerful and ready to help in any way. I would recommed either Anita and Maria anytime."
- "I would appreciate it if you would pass on to Helen my gratitude for all the care she gave to Jack. He responded well to her gentle manner and the nurses said he looked forward to seeing her. I am glad he had someone as compassionate as Helen in his life."
- "... I was more than satisfied with your services, Thank you."
- "You can use Myra as your model caregiver. She is perceptive, enterprising, energetic and cooperative. She has a keen sense of humour and was cheerful and resourceful…further I felt I could trust her completely. I think she operates at a high ethical level, and a high level of competence."
- "The wonderful experience of using LAS is that you never find yourself 'holding your breath'. Service delivery is 100%…100% of the time!"
Mr. & Mrs. Harvie
- "Nieves is a caring, compassionate person who was always interested in making my mother comfortable and didn’t need to be told what to do. She also stayed one step ahead of things and anticipated how she could help and what needed to be done next. I would highly recommend Nieves as a trustworthy and loyal employee."
- "It seems longer than 15 months since I placed a desperate call to you for help on the Friday of the Labour Day weekend. From the beginning you and your staff have always been there for our family and provided quality caregivers for my mother, sometimes on the very last notice. For that we are grateful. Caring for someone who has always cared for you, and who is now retreating into an Alzheimer's induced world, is very stressful. To encounter people who understand and can relieve some of the stress is so necessary. I can't thank you enough and will gladly refer anyone in the same position to your office. Please continue to offer this high quality service as it seems to be needed more than ever in our aging world."
- "The care and companionship that your caregivers provided my grandmother was exceptional. All of her needs were anticipated and met. Although she is now in a nursing home your staff made it possible for her to stay relatively independant for as long as possible. Thank you David for your commitment to my grandmother and my family."
- "Thank you for your tenacious efforts on my behalf. I'm glad to have Jill back already. I need her help badly and she is lovely to have around."
- "Beverly was a most enjoyable helper. She is efficient, good driver and cook. We would employ her any given time again. Our experience with your agency is excellent. We already recommended you."
Dr. Marion Seger
- “Mom is well...loves Jessica and very happy with twice a week...Jessica gives her companionship...they have bonded deeply."
- “Many thanks for the excellent care and support of my mother during the past three years. Evangelita was a compassionate and empathetic caregiver that my mother very much appreciated."
- “Many thanks for the excellent care and support of my mother during the past three years. Thank you so much. Jacqueline was wonderful."
- “You have been so wonderful with your caregivers and last minute requirements. What a special gift each of you have."
- “Thanks to my thoughtful friends at Living Assistance...It is assuring to know that someone, beside family, cares for you and will help when needed."
- “Marilyn was a great help...we would recommend her to others."
- “Thanks 4 everything! Mom is very happy with the support your service gives her."
- “Have recommended agency to a number of people."
- “Julius and Jonas were both wonderful caregivers to my husband. He enjoyed having them in our home. Always happy and ready to do work…"
- “Thank you very much for selecting someone who my parents have found appropriate. They are now recognizing the value of this added support."
- “Elsie was great! My Mom liked her. Would recommend her highly. Would request her again."
- “This year has literally flown by, and I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the unfailing contributions that you team has made to the administration of my mother's caregiver schedules. It is as a result of their diligence and thoughtfulness that I am able to continue to provide for my mother in her home. Thank you very much."
- “...don't know what I will do without you and Living Assistance and all the gifts they have brought into Midge's and my lives."
- “You have brought spring into the living room, and reminded me how fortunate I am to have kind people to help me."
- “David, … a special thank you as well to each of the wonderful women who helped care for my father…my daughters and I will be forever grateful to you and his caregivers for all the help you gave to me and my father. Thank you.”
- “David...thank you so much…Dora is a super worker.”
- “Thank you for the lovely flowers and all the help you gave to me and my mother. I don’t know what we would have done without you and your wonderful angels…your kindness has helped us.”
- “We appreciate your interest and the level of quality services you provide!”
- “David…your organization was instrumental in having Brenda bring such comfort and joy to my mother. Thank you.”
- “We can’t thank you enough for the efforts and perseverance put forth to find the appropriate person to look after our mom.”
- “Your thoughtfulness is sincerely appreciated and will always be remembered.”
- "The thoughtfulness, care, compassion, cheerfulness given to John and myself during the all too short time looking after us was incredible. Thank you for such wonderful assistance."
- "Thanks David for your courtesy and promptness for getting someone so quickly."
- "A special thank you as well to all the wonderful women who helped care for my father and especially Maria... My daughters and I will be forever grateful to you and his caregivers."
- "We appreciate the help and the personal service you provided during her recent illness."
- "Your organization was instrumental in having Brenda bring such comfort and joy to my mother."
- "Met the new 'Lauris' today and she is delightful and mother thinks she is terrific. Thank you."
(Original correspondence may be viewed at our office)